Would this research study be a good fit for me?
The study might be a good fit for you if:
- You are between 18 and 25 years old;
- You identify as heterosexual;
- You are single (i.e. you are not in a long-term or committed relationship);
- You are fluent in English.
What would happen if I took part in the research study?
If you decide to take part we would invite you to:
- Record a video of yourself via a computer’s webcam for other research participants to see;
- Complete a questionnaire that asks you about your demographics (i.e. sex and age);
- Provide your opinion on other people’s photographs;
- Receive feedback from other research participants on your video. You will receive the feedback during the study session and after the study your video will be deleted.
- The feedback you receive may be positive or negative. We will provide you with assistance and professional services in the event that you find the feedback distressing. Participation in this study is voluntary, so you are not obliged to take part in it. If you decide to participate, you may quit at any time.
- Provide your opinion on dating and other aspects of community life.
- Complete two time-sensitive cognitive tasks on a computer.
Will I be paid to take part in the research study?
The entire study is completed in one session and it takes most people approximately 40 minutes. You will be paid $10 for your participation. The study will take place in Room 5064 of the new Biological Sciences building (E26) on the UNSW Kensington campus.
How do I take part in the study?
If you would like more information or are interested in being part of the study please fill in the details below:
Alternatively you could contact Francesca Luberti (f.luberti – @ – unsw.edu.au)
HREC Approval Number: HC17518
Version dated: 31/07/2017